The Patrick Wild Centre aims to stimulate and foster multidisciplinary collaborations between experts in neuroscience, psychiatry, molecular medicine and regenerative medicine, towards a better understanding of autism, Fragile X Syndrome and intellectual disabilities, and to bring new therapies to clinical trial.
The Scientific Aims of the Centre are:
- To determine the molecular and cellular basis of autism, Fragile X Syndrome and intellectual disabilities.
- To identify the neuropathological processes that cause the alterations in neuronal communication in people with these neurodevelopmental conditions.
- To translate our knowledge of the cellular and molecular basis of these neurodevelopmental disorders into therapeutic strategies.
- To validate these strategies using preclinical models.
- To undertake clinical trials in partnership with collaborators from the public and private sectors.